8oz Mixed Salad Leaves
6oz Crumbled Bleu Cheese
4oz Toasted Walnuts
1 Apple (peeled and cut into sticks)
1 Bottle Salter's Chesapeake Gourmet Fresh Raspberry Passion Fruit Dressing
Method of Preparation
1. Crumble the bleu cheese. Peel the apple and cut into sticks or slithers.
2. Toast the walnuts on a cookie sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, then cool.
3. Season the salad greens with a little cracked black pepper.
4. Drizzle over some of the fresh raspberry dressing and toss together carefully. Place on the middle of the plate and sprinkle on the bleu cheese, the apple sticks and finally the toasted walnuts.
5. The plate may be drizzled with extra dressing if desired.
Note: Goat cheese may be substituted for the bleu cheese and either fresh pear slices or Asian pear can be used instead of the apples. Happy cooking.